Saturday, August 6, 2011

A day with a Thai student

We had the pleasure of spending a day with a wonderful student from Thailand. My friend was hosting and had a lot of work to do so we grabbed him for a little Thai education.
He was immediately greeted by Keisha, my 10 year old's service dog.
Then we went shopping to finish Alyssa's packing for Korea. A quick trip to a Korean restaurant for lunch proved to be a yummy treat.
Afterward he picked out ingredients for a green curry dish from the international market.
When we came home he played Wii with the boys while Alyssa and I finished packing.
My first real Thai food was amazing! I cut up the chicken to his specifications and he carefully added ingredients and stirred to perfection. Chicken, green curry, coconut milk, fresh kefir lime leaves, basil and lemongrass over rice. It was the most delicious thing I've had in a very long time. Definitely on my favorites list.

No comments:

Post a Comment